Tragic: Four-year-old child perishes in house fire incident in Kano.


According to NAN, a fire outbreak at Yakasai Layin “Inuwa me mai” in Kano Municipal has resulted in the tragic death of a four-year-old boy.

Saminu Abdullahi, the Public Relations Officer of the fire service, revealed in a statement that the incident occurred on Monday evening, February 5, 2024.

“We received a distress call around 06:20 p.m from Habibi Adamu, a staff member, and promptly dispatched our rescue team from the Central and Audu Bako Secretariat fire stations to the scene at approximately 06:24 p.m,” Abdullahi stated.

He described the building as approximately 40 by 30 feet, with the upper floor completely consumed by the blaze, while one parlor suffered minor damage. Abdullahi noted that the child was trapped in the fire and was rescued in an unconscious state. Despite efforts to save him, the boy was pronounced dead by the doctor on duty at the Murtala Muhammed Specialist Hospital, where he was taken.

The PRO mentioned that the deceased’s body was handed over to his father, Sani Usaini, at the hospital.

Leave A Reply